15 ideas for content that you can create and add to your website to generate interest, provide useful information for your prospects and customers and to keep search engines happy!
1. Condense some useful information into something that is more readable, and easy to understand for your customers
2. Create an action checklist to enable your prospects and customers to get something done that relates to your niche and expertise
3. Write a top 10 hints and tips list
4. Give your opinion on a controversial aspect of your industry
5. Provide useful links to other great content
6. Make someone’s life easier; explain what they need to do
7. Discuss the trends in your industry and what it means for your customers
8. Publish a ‘day in the life of’ in relation to your business
9. Write a list of essential information
10. Introduce a customer and get them to explain how they use your products and services to good effect
11. Publish FAQs (frequently asked questions) and answers; use your real customer and their FAQs for inspiration
12. Create a character that represents your business and ‘get them to write regularly’; e.g. some businesses online are using their pets as their marketing persona; ‘Little Doddsy’ (aka our daughter) is well known, though rarely seen, in our local business community!
13. Review your experience of an industry event
14. Get other people in your industry to do a guest article / posts for you
15. Share some of your personal life with your readers; not so much that you feel uncomfortable but just enough that they feel that they know and like you; remember people like to buy from people that they ‘know, like and trust’
What other ideas do you have? Please share in the comments.