We had this for tea this week. It’s very quick and simple to make and packs a good load of vegetables into your dinner without needing to make much effort! It was also good cold the next day for lunch. We like to try to cook extra for our dinner so that Doddsy has food to take in to work the next day. In this case there was even enough for me too – yum 🙂
- 1 lb gluten-free sausages (check the meat content, the higher the better), skinned
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 courgette, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (divided)
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease an 8 inch square baking pan or dish.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the sausage meat, breaking it up and cooking until almost done, not browned.
- Spoon the sausage into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly in the dish. Press with the back of a spoon to pack it down.
- Put pan back over medium heat and melt the coconut oil. Add the kale, courgette, red pepper, onion, salt, and 1/8 tsp of the black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid evaporates a bit, about 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and let cool slightly, then with a slotted spoon, spoon the vegetables over the sausage in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, put the eggs, milk, cheese, and the remaining black pepper and whisk to combine, then pour evenly over the veggie mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove and let sit at room temperature for 5 to 8 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Let me know what you think of it in the comments.