There was a time not so long ago when using essential oils was very unusual.
Today, essential oils are much more mainstream and relatively affordable. More people than ever are sharing their home-remedies for everything from allergies, migraines, and digestive issues to preventing burnout.
Can essential oils help prevent burnout?
Looks like they can!
A review of the nature of essential oils indicates that when used correctly, they can help reduce or prevent certain types of stress and alleviate many symptoms of physical distress.
Essential oil use can reduce symptoms of physical stress as well as quell side-effects or distressing symptoms of many illnesses. All this reduction in stress and pain can help reduce the occurrence of many forms of burnout.
Depending on the type of stress or the need, essential oils can be used in many ways:
- Applied directly to the skin
- Diffused into the air
Depending on the issue, symptoms may be relieved using one essential oil or by blending multiple oils together for a combined effect. Essential oils can be purchased in single use bottles or blended together for a targeted purpose.
Here are some of the top-rated oils used to relieve stress:
- Ylang Ylang
Here are some of the top-rated oils to increase energy:
- Grapefruit/citrus blends
Here are some top-rated oils to reduce pain:
Here are some top-rated oils to help you sleep:
- Clary Sage
When using oils, it is important to incorporate them in your daily routine. Here are some tips for using oils to relieve or prevent burnout:
- Soak in a hot bath with Epsom salts and drops of lavender essential oil before bedtime
- Enjoy a cup of tea with drops of chamomile essential oils when you feel anxious
- Rub peppermint oil on your temples when you have a headache or to prevent one from starting
- Diffuse citrus oil blends in your home when you need to cultivate focus and energy
- Sprinkle essential oils on your pillowcase and sheets to promote deep sleep
Essential oils are a great tool to add to your toolbox to help fight-off or rebound from fatigue and burnout. Do your research, speak with your Doctor or complementary therapist, and see if using an essential oil is right for you.