As you probably already know and experience, emails can often go into your SPAM folder even when they are from a legitimate source who you have ‘asked’ to email you.
What can you do to stop that happening?
You can whitelist specific emails in order to ensure they land and stay in your inbox rather than disappearing into the ether!
- Click ‘Settings’ (the wheel on the top right), then click ‘See All Settings’
- Go to the tab ‘Filtered and Blocked Addresses’
- Go to the bottom and select ‘Create a New Filter’ and enter the email you want to whitelist
- Click ‘Create Filter’
- Select ‘Never send it to SPAM’ and then ‘Create filter’
- Go to ‘Settings’ (the wheel on the top right) and select ‘View all Outlook settings’ at the bottom
- Go to ‘Junk Mail’ and at the bottom add the emal you want to whitelist under ‘Safe Senders and domains’
- The other option is to add my email to your ‘Contacts’
If you are using an alternative email provider then the process will be similar to the instructions above – go to your Settings and look out for words like ‘filter’, ‘whitelist’, ‘junk’ and you should be able to work it out.