Amanda Davie began her career working in client services with online advertising companies and digital media startups.
After sixteen years of helping to build small businesses and honing her customer relations skills, Amanda decided to branch out on her own and use her unique qualifications to help cultivate inclusive and equitable workplaces.
She is an executive coach and co-founder of Equal Talent, a company that provides group coaching to encourage a more balanced and high-performing work culture. She is also the co-founder of She Has No Limits, which supports and uplifts women through coaching, personal development and community building.
Today Amanda and I discuss the road map of her career and how hitting the glass ceiling as a feminist in the business world compelled her to start a new career path.
She provides insight into the underlying patriarchy of our culture and how to move beyond it with confidence.
Amanda shares her personal journey and the challenges she has faced as a feminist and an empath. She also discusses the ways in which COVID-19 has affected women in particular and offers some guidance on practising self-care and self-compassion.
“There is power in the sisterhood. When you bring women together as a collective, powerful things happen.”Amanda Davie
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- The role of the “Queen Bee” in the repression of women in business
- Her journey from client services to coaching and how hitting the glass ceiling propelled her to pursue a new challenge
- How her core values influence her approach as a coach
- The art of connection as a tool for combating loneliness
- How COVID-19 has exposed the deep-rooted issues in gender equality
- The role that mothers take on and why it feeds the patriarchy
- How she prioritises her time and practices self-compassion
- The challenges of being a feminist in the business world
- The logistics of running a business in partnership with others
- How the challenges and trauma from her family of origin influenced her professional journey
- Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- Brené Brown
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- WOLFPACK: How to Come Together, Unleash Our Power, and Change the Game by Abby Wambach
- Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World by Vivek Murthy
Connect with Amanda Davie:
- Equal Talent Website
- She Has No Limits Website
- Equal Talent on LinkedIn
- Equal Talent on Instagram
- Equal Talent on Facebook
- Equal Talent on Twitter
- She Has No Limits on Instagram
- She Has No Limits on Facebook
- She Has No Limits on Twitter
- Amanda Davie on LinkedIn
- Amanda Davie on Instagram
- Amanda Davie on Facebook
- Amanda Davie on Twitter
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC