Christine Morrison is a former Merseyside Police sergeant and specialist crime prevention advisor with Greater Manchester Police who established her own business, CMA Training, in 2003.
She delivers training workshops in personal safety and crime prevention to clients in the public, private, and voluntary sectors in the UK and internationally.
When Christine isn’t at work, she enjoys walking up or skiing down mountains, or if the weather doesn’t allow getting out in the great outdoors, she enjoys curling up with a good book.
Christine joins me today to discuss how her work patterns have changed during the COVID-19 pandemic and how she is productively using the time that she used to spend on the road.
She shares how she feels about the change in work style and why she reached out to other trainers in her quest to go virtual and continue serving her clients.
Christine also discusses her intrinsic learning style, her Masters in Business Administration qualification (MBA), and how she ensures that she stays up to date professionally by reading and engaging with leaders she admires.
“Looking after your clients has to be your number one priority.”Christine Morrison
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Christine felt inspired to start a business to offer personal safety and crime prevention training
- Christine’s work with the Suzy Lamplugh Trust
- Tips for people moving their business online
- The value of forming a network
- Why it’s important to embrace technology but not rely on it
- Christine’s tips for nurturing business relationships
- The importance of getting and providing useful feedback after facilitating training sessions
- How Christine keeps fit and healthy
- Why Christine believes in outsourcing some tasks to the experts
- Christine’s mantra
- What Christine does on days where it all goes wrong
- Suzy Lamplugh Trust
- Things app
- The Law of Attraction Life Planner
- Joe Wicks 90 Day Challenge
- Eat That Frog: 21 Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy
- Life Leverage: How to Get More Done in Less Time, Outsource Everything & Create Your Ideal Mobile Lifestyle by Rob Moore
- The Squiggly Career: Ditch the Ladder, Discover Opportunity, Design Your Career by Helen Tupper and Sarah Ellis
- Amazing If
- Radical Candour: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity by Kim Scott
- Danielle Mcleod’s Remarkable Women
Connect with Christine Morrison:
- CMA Training
- Christine Morrison on LinkedIn
- Christine Morrison on Twitter
- Email: email@example.com
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC