David Nielson is the founder and CEO of DNA Worldwide, a management consulting firm that specialises in the execution of business strategy implementation and large-scale change.
David considers himself a life-long learner, which led to the writing and publication of his book The 9 Dimensions of Conscious Success: It’s All About You, a reflection on his life journey and how he hopes it can positively influence others.
David spent 18 years in the corporate world, and another 33 years as a leadership consultant and executive coach to organisations and this prompted him to share his expertise on how to have a positive impact as a leader with a wider audience.
David joins me today to discuss what inspired him to write his book and why he felt it was the right time to share his thoughts on self-reflection in relation to the world of work.
He shares his reflections on the problematic personal journey which led to him finding his purpose in life and how he raised his self-awareness and ensured that his best self was always showing up.
David also shares why he is working more from his home in the Colorado mountains that he shares with his wife and two dogs rather than jumping on a plane to work elsewhere (this was recorded prior to our current world challenges), and how he deals with days when he faces challenges by acknowledging his frustration and asking what he should be learning from the problem.
“Fundamentally leadership is about influence.”David Nielson
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- The concept of broad focus leadership
- Leadership development and the nine dimensions of success for impactful leaders
- Why David’s model has a ‘bullseye’ and what that means
- How he found his purpose when his life was changing and how he advises others on finding theirs.
- Why you should expect your purpose to evolve as you grow older
- How to write a personal purpose statement
- Why you should learn to enjoy the ride
- Using humour as a tool
- The importance of staying authentic
- Why personal connections are critical and how technology can act to disconnect
- Why you should keep things simple
- How he systemises his life to stay organised
- Why he prefers technology to keep up to date professionally
- What a day when he’s ‘living more’ looks like
Connect with David Neilson:
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better and you’d be happier if you felt more organized and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organized, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership program!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership program and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC