Jackie Handy has supported hundreds of individuals and organisations internationally to optimise their performance, develop leaders, and embed inclusion through her company Runway Global.
She is a TEDx speaker and the author of two books – the most recent: The Little Book of Belonging: Your Weekly Guide to Inclusive Habits, which she wrote while quarantined during the COVID-19 pandemic to encourage others to consistently take small behavioural steps toward inclusivity.
When not working in her home office in Shropshire, England, Jackie enjoys bottle feeding her neighbour’s lambs and spending quality time with her partner.
Jackie joins me today to discuss the power of self-reflection around the themes of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. She elaborates on ways to encourage safe conversations and create inclusive work environments.
She reveals how joining the Professional Speakers Association (PSA) allowed her to share key personal life experiences in her speaking engagements and inspired her to spread the vital message of inclusion in her training courses and speaking engagements.
Jackie also dives into how she connects with her audience on social media, why she has embraced video as a way to share her insights, and shares her tips on how to create valuable video content.
“When we leverage the power of humanity in all its forms, we really have the possibility to make magic happen.”Jackie Handy
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Jackie became interested in diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Jackie’s experiences in the workplace which made her hide her authentic self
- What makes a good public speaker
- Jackie’s experience of working from home during the quarantine
- The unusual way Jackie has been starting her day since her move to the countryside
- How Jackie currently delivers training
- How she stays productive and manages her time
- Why Jackie loves to learn and the courses she is currently taking to develop professionally
- The danger of too much distraction in your working practices and the reality of Zoom fatigue
- How Jackie’s most recent book acts as a springboard to converse about diversity and inclusion
- How Jackie deals with challenging days
Connect with Jackie Handy:
- Jackie Handy website
- Book: The Little Book of Belonging: Your Weekly Guide to Inclusive Habits
- Book: The SMARTASS Recruiter: How to stop being the reason the world hates recruitment consultants
- Jackie Handy on Facebook
- Jackie Handy on LinkedIn
- Runway Global on Instagram
- Jackie Handy on Twitter
- Jackie Handy on YouTube
- The Power of I Facebook Group
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC