Karen Burke is a Certified Personal Performance Life Coach, Stress Management Consultant and co-owner of MindBody Therapy Group with her husband, Devon.
Karen began as an accountant in the corporate world before meeting her husband, a licensed massage and Reiki therapist. Though she enjoyed her work as an accountant, she felt pulled to use her people skills and deeply empathetic nature to pursue a career that would fulfill her.
After becoming certified as a Personal Performance Life Coach, she took the giant leap of leaving her stable corporate job to open the MindBody Therapy Centre with Devon. In the ensuing years, she and Devon have also built their social enterprise, Therapy 4 Healing, which strives to provide health and wellness services to underserved and marginalised communities. Karen is also the author of the books Power Up for the Year and The Calming Book of Healing Hugs.
Today Karen and I discuss her journey from corporate accountant to life coach and healer. She explains some of her trepidation while making the transition from stable paycheck to self-employed and why it took a leap of faith to build her business.
She shares why she thinks it is imperative to slow down and make room for the things and people that matter most to you before filling your days with work obligations. She also provides some tips for how she decompresses and recentres herself on busy or stressful days.
“You can’t do everything all the time at the same pace. So it’s about allowing some of those balls to drop.”Karen Burke
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Karen and her husband have built a successful business partnership and the tools they relied on to do it
- Why having the right team in place allowed them to pivot during the pandemic
- How Karen transitioned from a steady corporate job to self-employment
- The challenges of reimagining a hands-on healing business during lockdown
- How Karen organises her time and priorities
- The power and healing of hugs
- Why your days should be centred around the things that fulfil and ground you
- The importance of delegating tasks for better health and wellness
- Why you should listen to your own rhythm when planning your daily schedule
- How Karen keeps balanced, as a Type-A person
- Book: The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Book: Power Up for the Year: I Can Do It by Karen Burke
- Book: The Calming Book of Healing Hugs by Karen Burke and Devon Burke
- Book: Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- Book: You’ll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation by Wayne Dyer
- Book: Drop the Ball: Achieving More by Doing Less by Tiffany Dufu
Connect with Karen Burke:
- MindBody Therapy Website
- Therapy 4 Healing Website
- MindBody Therapy on LinkedIn
- MindBody Therapy on Instagram
- MindBody Therapy on Facebook
- Therapy 4 Healing on Instagram
- Therapy 4 Healing on Facebook
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC