If you want to write and publish your own book because you have great ideas that can make a difference in the world, then what you need is a book mentor. A book mentor is someone who will help and guide you through the process of writing your own book – from the planning stage, writing, and even publishing and marketing.
My guest today is Karen Williams, a book mentor for Librotas.
She creates structure, comes up with strategic plans, and sees things from a different perspective. These skills allow her to mentor and work with clients from all over the world.
Karen joins me to share how to find the balance between setting boundaries and being flexible so you can be most productive in your personal and professional life. She also shares some practical tips on how you can have the power to do more in your business by knowing when to invest in outsourcing. She does her best to live in the moment as she points out the impact that her project called ‘A Year to Live’ has made on her life.
“For me it’s about the flexibility and building into the life I want to lead.” – Karen Williams
This Week on the POWER to Live More Podcast:
- Weekly routine over morning routine
- The challenge of working too hard or not working enough
- Benefits of using post-its and a CRM (customer relationship management) system
- Details of the writing retreat she organises in Spain
- The significance of having regular breaks
- Why having a mentor is important
- Why outsourcing is a great way to get support in your business
- Common problems with startup businesses
- Finding the secrets to the success of other coaches and business people
- How journaling helps when things go wrong
Karen’s Advice for Professional and Business Development:
- Be realistic when scheduling tasks.
- Learn to step up by having a coach or a mentor.
- Know what your expertise is and get support to help you in areas where other people are the experts.
- Find three ways of marketing your business and do it well.
- Know who your ideal clients are.
- Set up a system.
- Less Annoying CRM
- A Year To Live Book by Stephen Levine
- The Big Leap Book by Gay Hendricks
Connect with Karen Williams:
- Librotas Website
- Karen Williams on Facebook
- Karen Williams on Twitter
- The Secrets of Successful Coaches Book
- How to Stand Out in Your Business Book
- The Mouse That Roars Book
- Book Marketing Made Simple Book
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC