Kari DePhillips is a full-time digital nomad who makes the most of her time and her life by traveling the world – mixing remote work and vacationing.
Kari is the founder and CEO of the digital marketing agency, The Content Factory, a company built on SEO with a website that produces over $1-million worth of organic traffic each year.
Kari is also the co-host of The Workationing Podcast – a podcast that has been featured on Fast Company and Glamour – where she and her best friend and podcast co-host, Kelly Chase, shares their travel adventures.
Kari joins me today to share how she transitioned from corporate to freelance to full-time entrepreneur and digital nomad.
She discusses the perks of working remotely, how she became an expert in her industry, and what to do if you want to be an expert at something.
Kari also shares how she provides her employees the same freedom she enjoys as well as how she gives herself experiential gifts so she can live more and make the most out of each day.
”If you can do it from home, you can probably do it from everywhere.”Kari DePhillips
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- What urged Kari to do her work from home.
- How one blog post generated $1 million in revenue to her company.
- Her favourite thing about SEO.
- The more important question to ask yourself aside from “Can I rank for this?”
- The criteria to be a part of her team.
- The goal for every piece of content and how it impacts the clients.
- The system she uses internally and with her clients to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Factors she considers when managing her time.
- The structure and primary goals of each podcast episode.
- Where to start looking for remote work and which remote jobs to stay away from.
- Why the SEO curriculum taught in schools does not reflect real-life SEO principles and challenges.
- How her employees save 500 hours by working from home.
- How a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson helps her get through a tough day.
- How to make procrastination productive.
Connect with Kari DePhillips:
- The Content Factory Website
- The Workationing Podcast
- Workationing Facebook Group
- Workationing on Instagram
- Kari DePhillips on Twitter
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC