After graduating from university with a degree in business management, Linda Harris knew that she wanted to do work she felt passionate about. She had done a fair bit of travelling during her university years and ended up taking a job in travel.
When COVID started, Linda found herself furloughed and eventually made redundant. Instead of seeing her unemployment as a setback, Linda took the opportunity to reevaluate her priorities, discover her strengths, and look to move into an industry that would challenge her and allow her to give back.
After months of reading, reflection and fine-tuning her CV, Linda landed a job as the Head of Marketing and Communications for a children’s charity. This new opportunity has also granted her the ability to return to her home in Wales.
Today Linda and I discuss her journey from travel expert to charity worker and YouTuber. She shares how the challenges of the pandemic helped guide her into a more balanced life.
Linda offers some tips on creating room for the things that bring you joy while still being a productive employee or business owner. She also discusses her tendency to be an “achiever” and why being passionate about her work has helped to vitalise her personal interests.
“It feels quite nice to have ticked off something that is just for me, that was not something that I had to do but something that I wanted to do.”Linda Harris
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Linda prioritises tasks and stays organised
- Why losing her job gave her a chance to discover her super-strengths and align them with her values
- The importance of making space for the things that fulfill you and respecting your limits
- The joy Linda’s received from creating her YouTube channel, “Better you Books”
- How taking time to prepare and prioritise what she wanted led her to the right job
- Why Linda prioritised quality over quantity when it came to job hunting
- Why you should pay attention to your energy and what you can actually achieve each day
- Linda’s daily gratitude practice and how it has affected her perspective over the past year
- Her approach to life as an “achiever” and someone always wanting to be challenged
- Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo
- The Pomodoro Technique
- The Squiggly Career by Helen Tupper & Sarah Ellis
- Help Me! by Marianne Power
Connect with Linda Harris:
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC