Louise Goss is an Award-winning Journalist and Founder of The Homeworker. Louise had a varied career in media – working in radio, TV, digital and print, as well as newsrooms for over a decade.
In 2019 she founded The Homeworker, a healthy mind, body, and business resource for people working from home. It’s all about supporting and inspiring people to help them make positive changes to improve their work-from-home lifestyle. The magazine and other resources provide information on a holistic approach to working from home – covering mindset, wellbeing, and the home working environment.
Today, Louise joins me to share her journey in the media industry and the inspiration behind launching The Homeworker.
She reveals how she is making the magazine successful in a tough time for print media and how a writing project helped develop her interviewing skills.
She shares how she manages her busy family life and running her business and how time-blocking helps her get everything done.
Louise also shares how she maximises her alone time and how she applies her holistic approach for working from home to her self-development.
“It’s that balance between taking time for yourself and doing things you enjoy that really nurture you, versus sometimes you just have to be really disciplined.”Louise Goss
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Louise chose to set up The Homeworker
- How Louise is making the publication a success in the challenging market of print media
- An exciting writing project that helped Louise develop her interviewing skills
- How Louise manages her time running the business and caring for her family
- How time-blocking helps Louise to manage her workload effectively
- The ways Louise maximises her alone time and prepares for her day
- How Louise applies her holistic work approach to her self-development
- Louise’s approach to challenging days
- What ‘living more’ looks like for Louise
- Indie Publishing Masters
- Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube
- Meet You At the Barre
- Clubhouse App
- Book: Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating by Brian Tracy
- Book: Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
Connect with Louise Goss:
- The Homeworker
- The Homeworker on Instagram
- The Homeworker on Facebook
- The Homeworker on Twitter
- Louise Goss on LinkedIn
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC