In March 2018, Madeleine Black won the Amazing Strength award at the No. 1 Magazine Amazing Women Awards and, in October of the same year, was asked to be the Patron for Say Women, the Scottish organisation that supports survivors of sexual abuse.
She is a TEDx speaker, a storyteller for The Forgiveness Project, and has recently become involved with their programme RESTORE, sharing her story in prisons. Madeleine recognises that she was a victim of a crime that left her silent for many years but has now found her voice and intends to use it, not just for her, but for so many who can’t find theirs yet.
Madeleine joins me today to discuss why she eventually decided to share her story of sexual violence publicly and let go of what she saw as her shame.
She explains how she uses her experience to help others and how her memoir, Unbroken, and her talks can help others realise that it isn’t healthy to hide or fight trauma. She shows that with work, it is possible to have a fulfilled life.
Madeleine also shares why she decided to leave her job as a psychotherapist behind and make being a full-time speaker her primary role.
“When we don’t speak out, we hold ourselves back.”Madeleine Black
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Madeleine looked for a sign to guide her and confirm she was on the right path when she decided to transition into being a full-time speaker
- How not to get ‘zoomed out’ in the new way of working during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Why she decided to start her new podcast, Unbroken, and the message she hopes to share
- Why forgiveness was crucial in allowing her to move past her trauma
- How Madeleine integrates her business and her work life while quarantined
- Why it’s important to understand that self-care isn’t selfish and why it’s critical to set boundaries
- The importance of letting go of perfection when on webinars and Zoom calls
- How Madeleine cares for and grounds herself in nature
- How Madeleine’s background trauma helps her in her speaking and connecting with others
- Tips for staying resilient in challenging times
- If You Sit Very Still by Marian Partington
Connect with Madeleine Black:
- Madeleine Black website
- Unbroken: One Woman’s Journey to Rebuild a Life Shattered by Violence. A True Story of Survival and Hope by Madeleine Black
- Unbroken the Podcast
- Madeleine Black on Instagram
- Madeleine Black on Twitter
- Madeleine Black on Facebook
- Madeleine Black on YouTube
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC