Michael Alan Tate is an executive consultant and career coach with more than 20 years of experience.
He is the Founder and President of On the Same Page Consulting, which focuses on how to create a simple, action-based strategy to manage career transitions.
Michael specialises in coaching and development for CEOs and next-generation leaders and promotes the idea of strategic visioning for executives. He is also a speaker, podcaster, blogger, and author of three books on career transition.
Mike’s latest book, The White Shirt, is a career parable with tools to create successful career move strategies.
Michael joins me today to share how an accident, then a chance conversation on an airplane, led him to become a career coach and strategist and how his methods of coaching have evolved over time.
He dives into the details of what he means by a ‘career plan’ and why he advocates that his clients not only create one but also ask for advice and information from peers about their planned career trajectory.
Michael also shares how he organises his time, what his workday looks like and what resources he uses to stay on top of his tasks and long-term plans.
“If you look at a job search as research, it becomes a whole different animal.”Michael Alan Tate
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Michael has transitioned into helping people stay in their jobs and be more fulfilled
- The innovations of his career advisory process and why he wrote his latest book
- How asking for help and advice helps you on your career-mapping journey
- Why it’s important to find people who share your personal and professional values
- What Career DNA is and the difference between transition and change
- Why Michael’s not thinking of retirement but is changing the way he works
- Michael’s love of travelling, fishing, and spending time with his family and what a great day looks like for him
- Why seeing people’s lives change for the better brings him joy
- Why learning sales techniques is essential for entrepreneurs
- The shape of his day and how he plans objectives with his clients
- Importance of wellness and why Michael prioritises eating healthy and getting sufficient sleep
- Why he would like to improve the way he deals with a bad day
- Outlook calendar
- What Colour is Your Parachute website
- THE 5 SECOND RULE: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage by Mel Robbins
- Bullet Journal method
Connect with Michael Alan Tate:
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC