An award-winning wellbeing coach, Pip Lawrence is the co-founder of DayOne Wellness, a company that focuses on dealing with the issue of health inequality in the UK.
As a young achiever in the field of fitness and athletics, Pip has always been fascinated by the fact that health and wellbeing is the primary area where even the most successful professionals falter.
After an 18-month period of living in 3 different continents, she returned to the UK, eventually developing the Recalibrate Wellbeing programme to enable busy professionals to lead longer, healthier, and happier lives, regardless of where they begin their fitness journey.
Pip joins me today to discuss what motivated her to turn her talents and attention towards the health and wellbeing industry.
She explains how life in the modern world — with all the advancements in technology and conflicting beliefs on how to stay fit and healthy — have made it exceedingly difficult to stay fit and healthy.
She provides a bit of background on her meticulously crafted Recalibrate Wellbeing 12-step programme, as well as the tips and strategies she employs in her daily life to ensure a healthy balance between her professional responsibilities and personal wellness.
She also shares her thoughts on conventional health and wellness wisdom, including meal scheduling; proper hydration; and having the right mindset, and how combining her two passions has helped her determine her purpose in life.
“If you push your body to the limit where you’re not supporting it, at some point you’re going burn out, break down, get an injury, and get a disease.”Pip Lawrence
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Pip was inspired to help people in the healthcare sector.
- What she and the DayOne Wellness movement have accomplished.
- How the ever-evolving world of technology has had a significant impact on our health.
- How people can be very dogmatic about a single approach to health and wellness activities, making it more difficult for others who want to achieve the same benefits through different means.
- How the Recalibrate Wellbeing 12-step programme supports people through behavioural change coaching and talks on exercise, nutrition, and general health.
- How Pip balances professional wellbeing and personal life.
- Her “VIP approach” for starting the day.
- How the right mindset can turn a bad day around, especially when it’s a day when you feel like nothing in your life has moved forward.
- How she starts every new year.
- Her take on the saying: ‘a person is a representation of the five people they spend the most time with’.
- Her top tips for staying healthy.
- Why it’s important to hydrate yourself with water first thing in the morning.
- The ideal time to stop eating during the day, and why.
- Why she believes that her mind and body need to be at equal levels of activity during the day and why one needs to catch up with the other whenever they aren’t.
- Her two biggest passions — traveling and empowering others — and how those are the two components of a good day for her.
Connect with Pip Lawrence:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC