Vibeke Foss is the founder of Gorgeous Geek, an agency providing web design and online business consulting for female coaches and entrepreneurs.
After leaving a corporate career, she embraced her inner geek and began designing professional websites and teaching female entrepreneurs how to use content and marketing strategies to convert visitors into clients.
Today, Vibeke describes how she learned to let go of the employee mindset and embrace the perks of working for herself. She shares the benefits of using a coworking space, the strategies she used to overcome her anxiety regarding outsourcing, and how time tracking has helped her improve her productivity. She also explains the importance of identifying when you’re procrastinating and shares her detailed vision of a day of living more.
“Worldwide coworking spaces are growing so much because there are more entrepreneurs and more freelancers.” – Vibeke Foss]
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How her career path led to the start of Gorgeous Geek.
- How her work as a virtual assistant led to her specialising in web design.
- The importance of managing client’s expectations around her availability.
- The benefits of using a coworking space and why it is important to find one that is a good fit for you.
- How making a todo list in the evening helps to clear her mind for better sleep.
- Why she prefers to finish the task at hand before moving on to the next no matter how long it takes.
- How she has handled her anxiety about outsourcing aspects of her business.
- The importance of listening to her body and how working for herself allows her to do that more than ever before.
- Why you need to learn to recognise when your body is lying to you as a form of procrastination.
- Spending time with the right people and having meaningful conversations as a form of relaxation.
- The elements of her morning routine that help her start the day in a positive and healthy way.
- How she deals with bad days.
- The detailed picture of what a day she has lived more looks like.
- Georgia Varjas on Show #50: Celebrate Life
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Zoho Invoice
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
Connect with Vibeke Foss:
- Gorgeous Geek
- Gorgeous Geek on Facebook
- Vibeke on Facebook
- Biz Ladies Facebook Group
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC