Rob Husband, director of Space2think, a coaching company based in the UK, works with organisations and individuals who want to improve their professional performance and make an impact in their community.
Rob is passionate about helping people create space to think about what they do, how they do it, and how they can incorporate new ideas into their business practice.
Rob is also pursuing an interest in the world of social action and is involved with Extinction Rebellion in London as well as setting up a local group in Banbury, Oxfordshire. In his free time, Rob is a performing musician and outdoor enthusiast.
Rob joins me today to discuss the importance of making intentional choices in your personal and professional life and the importance of integrating your principles into all aspects of your life. He shares his motivation for both his current business iteration and his lifestyle change, why he got involved with a social activist group and how he balances it with his professional role.
Rob also shares his thoughts on how to carve out time to think and make deliberate choices while maintaining enough energy to persevere with all of your tasks and avoid burnout.
“The conflict between two roles brings energy – but can be tiring.”Rob Husband
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Rob’s background and his roles
- Why he decided on a complete lifestyle change
- Why he gave up a career in music to pursue his interest in therapy and coaching
- Why Rob believes in making deliberate choices but not worrying about the possible outcomes
- Why Rob devotes his time to social activism and how he got involved with Extinction Rebellion
- Rob’s tips on making room for intentional thought in your busy day
- Why Rob diaries decision-making and what he gains from it
- The importance of keeping overwhelm at bay
- How to avoid burnout when you have several different roles
- How Rob balances his passion for social activism with his professional roles and the importance of being honest with your intentions
- Why and how Rob plans to go mortgage-free
- How Rob delineates space in his day and ensures he remains accountable
- What Rob does when life gets challenging
- Why Rob treats every day as an opportunity to ‘live more’
- The importance of knowing your goals and making long-term plans on how to achieve them
Connect with Rob Husband:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC