Terry Pearce is a Learning Design Specialist and the founder of 360 Learning Design.
His company specialises in creating bespoke training, tailored workshops, and other learning materials for companies of all shapes and sizes. Terry enjoys delivering the training he designs for clients and has been featured as a development expert on Virgin’s Voom Pioneers.
Today, Terry shares how being a visual person dictates the tools he uses to stay organised and keep track of his projects and schedule. He describes how he structures his day around when he has the most energy and focus so he can take advantage of the times when he is the most productive.
He also emphasises the importance of learning to work with your natural flow by taking breaks when you need them or learning how to block out distractions that will make your mind wander.
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast
- How he became a Learning Design Specialist
- How he differentiates between his “working-from-home mode” and his “delivery mode.”
- Why trying to achieve work/life balance sometimes held him back from following his creativity.
- How he let go of working 9 to 5 and became more flexible with his work hours.
- Using “slack time” more productively.
- Striking a balance between scheduling and spontaneity.
- Intuitively choosing what to work on next.
- How he uses a combination of his whiteboard and various apps to organise and plan.
- What he considers to be “unknown unknowns” and why they can be valuable.
- The importance of asking for advice and help from colleagues.
- How he practices self-care and relaxation.
- How he lets his energy throughout the day guide what he works on and when.
- The importance of taking breaks during times of deep work.
- How he avoids distractions in the morning to keep his mind focused on his priorities.
- The equation he references to help him keep bad days in perspective.
- How managing his emotional state helps him cope when things go wrong.
- Why he has several versions of what a day he has lived more looks like
- Sharon Gaskin on Show #53: Creating Power
- Google Calendar
- Originalsby Adam GrantGoogle Keep
- Trainer TalkFiverr
- Thinking, Fast and Slowby Daniel Kahneman
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talkingby Susan Cain
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenanceby Robert M. Pirsig
Connect with Terry Pearce
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC