Colette Mason is a self-professed “massive nerd” — about music, about books, about no longer being shackled to the corporate world, and about bringing bestsellers out of budding authors.
She runs Let’s Tell Your Story, a publishing company that assists business owners in transforming their extensive experience and wealth of wisdom into bestselling books. She works privately with her clients, from helping them create their outlines to publishing the finished product and ensuring they get the proper credit.
Colette joins me to share how she manages to cope with stress, monotony, negative thoughts, bad outcomes, work that she doesn’t like, and other unpleasant catalysts and scenarios. She also shares the tools and strategies she uses to maximise her rest and relaxation during the rare moments she actually gets to enjoy them.
“Just crack on and do what needs doing. Just because someone sat next to you doesn’t make the work any more difficult or time-consuming, or easy, or whatever.” – Colette Mason
This Week on the Power to Live More Podcast:
- How her love for writing led her to become a personal coach for aspiring writers.
- Why she only accepts a limited number of clients per year.
- How she wrote and published her first book in 2011 — and how this enabled her to help her friends get their ideas published as well.
- How she balances work and life and decides which things to prioritise.
- How books offer a sense of variety to her career, and why doing what she does actually feels like a break instead of work.
- The importance of taking a break.
- The apps she regularly uses for maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- How she cares for herself.
- Her perspective on turning a negative situation into a positive one.
- What she does to learn and improve herself.
- Why she feels the need to “catch up” on life.
- Why her approach to tasks she doesn’t like is to do them as quickly as possible.
- How her routine was purposefully formulated to help her get things done.
- Why she keeps stock responses ready for use on weekends.
- How she copes with bad days.
Connect with Colette Mason:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Don’t forget to check out my website, join my Facebook Group, follow me on Twitter and connect up with me on LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram to interact with me and my amazing audience!
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC