Gary Gorman is a negotiation specialist and the author of 30 Days Sales Challenge: Get To Love Selling For The Non Sales Person and Inside The Entrepreneur’s Mind: What Makes The Real Life Business Owner Want To Risk It All?
With over 30 years’ of experience, he has helped countless organisations around the world improve their negotiation skills, land better projects and contracts, and increase their profits, including DHL Logistics, Siemens, Advanced Electronics, and Volkswagen.
When he’s not training teams in the art of deal-making, he enjoys a quiet life in Grantham, Lincolnshire, where he unwinds by watching sports games and listening to music.
Gary joins me today to share his fascinating experience as a freelancer and how it vastly differs from his earlier years in the corporate world working full-time for various companies.
He discusses his various approaches to balancing personal and professional matters, taking the bulk of his workload off his shoulders, and making sure that he takes good care of himself. He also shares why in spite of having to put in more work than before, he honestly believes that he truly has the ‘power to live more’.
“If you’re setting up your own business, it isn’t easy- certainly initially. But the benefits are more than worth it once you push through that.”Gary Gorman
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Gary went from having “proper jobs” to becoming a negotiation specialist.
- How redundancy opened up a whole new world for him.
- Why he still enjoys what he does, despite having to work harder than he used to.
- How his profession of choice has instilled a stronger sense of discipline in him.
- How he balances work with family life and why it’s easier for him now than when he was starting out.
- His attitude towards making promises to his kids and keeping them regardless of his workload.
- The current state of LinkedIn and the changes on social media in general.
- How outsourcing helps him conserve and more effectively utilise his greatest asset: time.
- How he found and selected the best people to outsource his work to – and why they’ve been working together for almost a decade.
- Gary’s experience with severe health problems in the past and the day he resolved to take better care of himself.
- His daily fitness regimen and how he approaches self-care.
- How he relaxes and de-stresses with sports and watching TV.
- His outlook on reading books and attending marketing conferences.
- What his typical day looks like and how he deals with a bad one.
- How Gary now has the ‘power to live more’ because he is doing something that, as a young man growing up in Chesterfield, he never thought he would do.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Known: The Handbook for Building and Unleashing Your Personal Brand in the Digital Age by Mark Schaefer
Connect with Gary Gorman:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC