Susan Ritchie is an executive coach and trainer, and the founder of Lead with Impact.
She focuses on helping emerging female leaders to develop their leadership presence, create impact and wield influence to take their careers to new heights.
She is the author of two books, Strategies for Being Brilliant: 21 Ways to be Happy, Confident and Successful and the recently published Strategies for Being Visible: 14 Profile- Raising Ideas for Emerging Female Leaders, which examine the issues that women face in leadership roles.
Susan has spent 25 years teaching, coaching, and mentoring in the UK and internationally. Her clients include the BBC, Tower Hamlets Homes, and The Institute of Chartered Accountants as well as schools, universities, and charities.
Susan joins me today to discuss why she made the decision as a single mother in her 30s to move to Borneo and how that led her from teaching and management in schools to becoming an executive coach.
She shares why she is passionate about empowering women in the workplace and the training that she provides to help female leaders become more visible and establish their reputation.
Susan also dives into the importance of networking and the power of making connections outside your corporate workplace to become more influential and to demonstrate your credibility.
“The biggest constraints in our lives are ourselves and the stories we tell ourselves”Susan Ritchie
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Susan retrained as a coach in 2010
- Why you need to network to raise your personal profile
- Why it is critical to voice your ambition
- The importance of planning your route to a leadership role
- Why you need to be intentional on social media
- Susan’s three top tips to consolidating your position
- Why Susan still values the traditional pen and paper planning method
- Why she diarises her wellness activities
- The apps and resources Susan uses to stay up to date in her industry
- Why you need to manage your energy to prevent overwhelm
- Susan’s method for dealing with days when it all goes wrong
- How to bring a ‘kindness culture’ into your workplace
- What Susan’s day looks like when she’s living more
- Pomodoro Technique Tracker
- Power to Live More Calm
- UK Association for Coaching
- How to Own the Room podcast
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
Connect with Susan Richie:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC