Vanessa Vallely, OBE, is one of the UK’s most well-networked women and is a prominent figure in gender equality who guides government and corporate organisations seeking to attract, develop, and retain their female talent.
In 2008 she launched the award-winning WeAreTheCity website to help women progress in their careers. The site now has over 120,000 members and provides resources, facilitates events, and sponsors awards to support women in business across the UK.
Vanessa is author of Heels of Steel: Surviving and Thriving in the Corporate World, a book that details her career and experience of being a high-achieving woman in the workplace and shares tips on how to get ahead in your career.
Vanessa joins me today to discuss her passion for supporting women to progress in the corporate world and how her team has pivoted to be able to provide digital support so women can continue to learn and network throughout the period of quarantine.
She shares her experience of talking to young women in schools and colleges and why she feels it is vital to foster the can-do attitude they have to manage their careers.
Vanessa also discusses her plans for the second half of 2020 and why they include plans to take some time for herself away from work to replenish her energy and enjoy being in the great outdoors.
“Women shouldn’t have to hit a glass ceiling or be stuck on a sticky floor.”Vanessa Vallely
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Vanessa wanted to keep women motivated during quarantine by creating free webinars through WeAreVirtual
- How Vanessa initially built WeAreTheCity as a side business, then found investors to develop it further
- The importance of supporting the female pipeline in the corporate arena
- How and why women’s professional networks were expanded in the UK
- Vanessa’s experience of talking to young women in schools
- Why women’s confidence in the workplace gets chipped away
- How Vanessa manages her business and her personal life
- How Vanessa takes time out from work to relax
- Vanessa’s opinion on how people’s work-life balance will look after COVID-19
- What Vanessa misses about being out in the world and face-to-face with people
- How Vanessa flexes her timetable to ensure she gets all her tasks done
- The tools and apps Vanessa uses to help her be productive
- How Vanessa learns and keeps up to speed with her industry
- What Vanessa does on down days to help her get back on track
- Why Vanessa was nominated for an OBE and what it meant to her to be honoured
Connect with Vanessa Vallely:
- WeAreTheCity Website
- Vanessa Vallely on LinkedIn
- WeAreTheCity on Instagram
- WeAreTheCity on Facebook
- WeAreTheCity on Pinterest
- WeAreTheCity on Twitter
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC