Cathy Brown is a dynamic business leader with years of experience in creating an organisational culture focused on people and leadership.
She is the former Executive Director with the Engage for Success movement and continued to provide companies with strategies to transform cultures, effectively manage change, and engage employees in her most recent role as Operations Director of the Employee Ownership Association.
Cathy is a passionate advocate for human-centered leadership and is currently enjoying a brief period of rest and relaxation (maybe not quite so brief given our current global challenge!) with her new canine addition, Toby, taking in the fresh air of the Peak District.
Cathy joins me again today to discuss her move from Engage for Success to her interim role at The Employee Ownership Organisation and why she is taking time to decide on her next direction.
She shares her reflections on what she has learned about herself as an employee, why it’s essential to assess what makes you happy, and why chasing a promotion isn’t the right path for everyone.
Cathy also shares why she decided the time was right to study for a degree in Environmental Studies, her strategies for working productively, and why she feels that permanently working from home isn’t the best option for her.
“It’s really valuable to challenge ourselves and ask, ‘do I want that’ or ‘am I happy here?’”Cathy Brown
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
Please note this was recorded well before we knew about the coronavirus pandemic.
- How she discovered that her niche in organisations
- Where she enjoys placing herself in an organisation to make a difference
- Cathy’s take on workplace culture and hierarchy and why things are evolving
- Her personal strategies for a successful and productive workday
- Why she enjoys communal co-working spaces (under normal circumstances!)
- The tools and apps Cathy uses to stay organised
- The importance of being active in your daily life for physical and mental wellbeing
- How she embeds habits in her life and her tricks for staying accountable
- Why Cathy doesn’t take her phone and tablet into the bedroom at night
- How a night away from home helps her study and what else she does to relax
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Facebook Workplace
- Fitbit Ionic
- The Happiness Project
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- The Age Well Project
- The Routine Machine: How successful people improve their morning routine, daily habits and guarantee themselves results by John Lamerton
- Remainiacs podcast
- On the House podcast
Connect with Cathy Brown:
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC