Dr. Russell Thackeray works with organisations to achieve enhanced performance and results by aligning culture, leadership, and people and he helps embed change that creates organisational resilience.
He draws on his varied professional background – from his time as a professional musician in London’s West End to subsequent iterations as an entrepreneur, corporate CEO, Non-Executive Director, Operations Manager, therapist and coach to deliver strategies and skills to improve performance and facilitate change.
Russell is also the host of the popular Resilience Unravelled podcast that gathers guests who share stories of their challenges and learnings to provide an overview of how building resilience can make a real difference and help people facing similar challenges.
Russell joins me today to discuss how he moved into his fifth and current career as a coach and the links between all of the roles he has had that have led to him sharing his expertise and empowering others to enhance their lives.
He shares his commitment to lifelong learning and why he enjoys challenging himself and developing his skills by continually undertaking programs of formal education and gaining new qualifications.
Russell also shares his opinion on how the disruption and challenges of the pandemic have changed the way we operate in business, how people have coped from a resilience point of view, and how that will continue moving forward.
“We’re going to fail, we’re going to pick ourselves up, and we’re going to reinvent ourselves on a constant basis.”Dr. Russell Thackeray
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why Russell has found the transition to working online so easy and how he avoids the dangers of ‘Zoom bottom’
- Whether there are certain types of people who are better at being resilient and tips on boosting your resilience
- Why it is critical to look after yourself physically to support your mental health
- The dangers of spending too much time absorbing negative media stories and why we get addicted to bad news
- How Russell works with his clients across multiple time zones and what a typical day looks like for him
- Why he enjoys social contact with people and supporting them to help themselves
- The two things Russell designs his day around
- How Russell filters out the tasks that he doesn’t enjoy doing in his business
- The importance of intellectual challenge and being pushed to examine your ideas
- The benefits of a coach who has a different specialty to you
- What a great day includes for Russell and where he would spend it
Connect with Dr. Russell Thackeray:
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC