She is passionate about equipping busy professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals with the basic life skills they need to help them combat overwhelm and live their own version of a good life well lived. She helps clients around the world through online courses, live events and workshops as well as mentoring programmes.
Nicola joins me today to share how she is achieving a good life well lived for herself and her family. She explains how mindfulness impacts your everyday life, how she helps clients overcome overwhelm and get clear on what they want out of life, and the impact that simple mindfulness techniques such as meditation can have on the neurological pathways that enable you to destress and defeat overwhelm.
She also shares her strategies on managing her time while running her business, staying healthy, and raising a family and how she ensures she focuses on her own personal development and how she tackles days when things don’t go according to plan.
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How she helps her clients get clear on what they want in life.
- How mindfulness impacts your ability to live a fulfilling life.
- Her personal journey into mindfulness and why she is passionate about helping others achieve a good life well lived.
- Her unique approach to mindfulness.
- How she prioritises her work and personal tasks.
- What being mindful truly means and why many people struggle to achieve it.
- How to use meditation as a tool to help you become more mindful.
- How mindfulness meditation impacts the neurological pathways in your brain to reduce stress and overwhelm while improving your rational thinking.
- How she plans her daily schedule to get things done.
- How she manages scheduling conflicts.
- The importance of finding the right planner to meet your specific needs.
- How hiring a cleaner has helped her get more done in her life and business.
- How she balances health and wellness while running her business and raising a family.
- The importance of prioritising your time to focus on your health and well-being.
- Personal development and self-improvement strategies she uses to improve her skills.
- How multitasking allows her to manage her time and get more done.
- Why spending time with her family, enjoying the outdoors, and feeling like she has made a difference to someone else is her picture of having lived more.
- Frazzled book by Ruby Wax
- Own It the Podcast
- Google Calendar
- Acuity Scheduling
- The Freedom Mastery Planner
- Sophie Jewry planners
- Michael Hyatt’s Full Focus Planner
- Happy Place Podcast by Fearne Cotton
- Hashtag Authentic Podcast by Me and Orla
- Big Magic book by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Eat, Pray, Love book by Elizabeth Gilbert
Connect with Nicola Semple:
- Nicola Semple website
- The Good Life Well Lived Podcast
- 10 Personal Development Books Every Woman Should Read blog post
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC