Gina Balarin owns and runs Verballistics, a boutique firm that enables her to use her expertise in marketing and writing to help corporations find and tell their consumers’ stories.
She is an accomplished writer and speaker, having authored and published The Secret Army: Leadership, Marketing and the Power of People. She has shared her experiences and insights with audiences in Europe via TEDx, TV appearances, and keynote speaking opportunities.
Gina joins me today to discuss marketing and communication — why it is a human need and how it has reshaped marketing over the decades. She shares her thoughts on time management, specifically from the perspective of a busy entrepreneur who runs her own business.
She also provides her insights into the value of human connections and how they can give you the power and energy to succeed not just in life, but also in making the most out of less-than-ideal situations.
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- What Verballistics is — and why it has such a strange yet catchy name.
- Why storytelling is a human need.
- How marketing has changed in modern times, in a major way.
- Making the most out of what you know to maximise your marketing impact.
- Why Gina is so attracted to the storytelling aspect of marketing — and why she chose this career path.
- How she prioritises tasks and manages her time effectively.
- Why it’s important to identify the things that give you energy.
- The risk that comes with spending too much time working.
- Why time is the biggest challenge, especially for business owners.
- Her favourite tools for efficient time management.
- The art of reframing your mindset and turning bad experiences into good ones.
- What she uses to become a better planner.
- Work avoidance behaviour and discipline: How the latter overcomes the former.
- Her general outlook on outsourcing work.
- The concept of a “mutual mentor.”
- The biggest challenge in getting help from other people.
- The unexpected significance of accepting compliments.
- Her love for Zumba and dancing in general.
- Why social media is such a useful communication tool in the modern age.
- Why it’s important to keep our sense of imagination — and to ask for help every once in a while.
- How she defines a perfect day.
Connect with Gina Balarin:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC