Jac Julien is, in her own words, a “reformed organised mess”. She is the brains behind AntiHustle Nation, a movement to help entrepreneurs and business owners escape the seemingly endless tedium that is everyday hustling.
As a clinical psychologist and productivity expert, she enables today’s hardworking entrepreneurs to find time to stop and smell the roses without compromising their business ventures.
Jac joins me today to discuss hustling — what it is, how it has changed the way we work, and why it isn’t healthy.
She shares her thoughts on productivity, the importance of getting adequate rest, and how she personally managed to break out of the hamster wheel and stop being an unwilling participant in the everyday hustle of the corporate world. She also provides thoughts and insights on how to prioritise tasks and maximise productivity, making life simpler by relying on fewer tools, and why there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all productivity solution.
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- The concept of hustling, and how it has changed work for the worse.
- Why leisure time matters.
- How she manages to get everything done and still have time to relax.
- The signals the brain sends regarding productivity and rest.
- How she eventually got tired of hustling every single day — and decided to help entrepreneurs escape this way of getting things done.
- The “everyone’s doing this, and I should, too” mindset.
- The reason people procrastinate.
- How she prioritises what she does.
- Why it’s important to be clear on what a person values most in life, and how that affects productivity.
- The secret to making time for important projects during the day.
- How she manages to her to-do list.
- How productivity styles differ from person to person.
- Why people tend not to seek help or implement new ideas, even when they’re overwhelmed.
- Why she doesn’t use a lot of tools.
- The importance of getting a good rest, and how it has helped her significantly.
- How she takes bad days in stride, and what a “good day” looks like.
Connect with Jac Julien:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC