For nearly two decades before founding GiraffePad, Mark Williams ran a coaching and training business specialised in developing coaching skills in managers and leaders.
Giraffepad aims to help manage trainers’ learning events, stretch their learners’ engagement, and make the online training experience bespoke.
Mark lives in Eastbourne with his wife, two children, and crazy hound, and enjoys de-stressing by running on the seafront, mountain biking on the South Downs, and swimming in the sea.
Mark joins me today to share how and why he transitioned from being an independent trainer and coach to developing a software platform to solve his own pain points and create a wraparound learning tool and network for trainers and learners.
He shares how an initial hiccup in getting the project off the ground resulted in a business partnership with a close friend and tech expert and explains how they work together despite being on opposite sides of the world.
Mark also discusses why he doesn’t feel as if he is burning out, despite currently working very long days to advance GiraffePad, and why he thinks the current climate of online training will impact coaches and trainers going forward.
“When you thoroughly enjoy what you do, burnout is less likely.”Mark Williams
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Mark was inspired to develop his idea during a trip to Nairobi
- Why he feels so passionate about his new venture
- How quarantine has provided the impetus to concentrate on the platform and develop GiraffePad
- How to overcome tech phobia and use online remote learning effectively
- Why Mark loves being self-employed
- The intricacies of GiraffePad what it can do
- What Mark’s day looks like in 2020 and why he has developed a daily routine that involves a lot of exercise
- Why Mark plans his week out on paper
- Why he plans to begin outsourcing tasks in 2020
- How Mark fits in his personal development alongside his work
Connect with Mark Williams:
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC