Nic Marks, founder of Friday Pulse, is known as a ‘statistician with a soul’ due to his combination of analytical skills and the people skills he gained from his training as a psychotherapist.
A wellbeing advisor to the Blair and Cameron governments, he now guides his clients on how to measure & improve workplace wellbeing, and in 2010, he presented a highly successful TED talk on this work.
Nic’s company, Friday Pulse, was born of his passion for the science of emotions and enables organisations to track their employees’ wellbeing, which is particularly important in these challenging times.
Nic joins me today to share his thoughts on what happiness means and how we express it. We discuss the importance of building happiness at work and how to measure and maximise it.
He discusses why it’s beneficial to organisations and employees to focus on building a happy and positive workplace and how this forms the basis of personal resilience.
Nic also reveals what leaders should do in the current pandemic crisis to improve the happiness of their teams and build resilience.
“How you feel at work is important to team morale, to yourself, to the whole organisation.”Nic Marks
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- What happiness truly means
- How the current crisis has impacted people’s happiness and resilience
- Why it is beneficial for organisations to have a happy workplace
- How Nic applies statistical principles to measure happiness
- The importance of having a learning mindset to overcome bumps in the road
- How he has adapted to working from home and prioritising his tasks
- The main drivers of happiness at work
- How he keeps learning, moving, and improving professionally
Connect with Nic Marks:
- Friday Pulse website – Nic is currently offering Friday Pulse sessions for free to companies between 50-100 people
- Book: A Happiness Manifesto
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC