Richard Sams is the Co-Founder and CEO of MOHARA, an innovation delivery specialist company that builds tech products.
His team works with startups, SMEs, and corporate clients looking to develop non-core products, mitigate risk, and seek opportunities to innovate within their sector or branch into new sectors. MOHARA’s Head Office is in London, with offices in Brighton, Bangkok, Cape Town, and a new office in Dallas.
Richard believes that good products and business ecosystems start with good people and that great ideas conceived by talented people need to be seen.
Today, Richard and I discuss his journey from a career in teaching to starting his business. He shares how some of his teaching skills were transferable to his startup and how it has developed over the years.
He reveals why he believes people have been an essential element to his success and how his self-development passion drove his company.
He discusses why it is crucial to take time for yourself as an entrepreneur and what he does to maintain balance between his work life and home life.
He shares how taking time away can make the time you are at work more effective and the challenges that the coronavirus pandemic and quarantine has presented to him and his business.
He also shares how he stays organised, develops his knowledge, and how his business passion helps him to live more.
“Take whatever problem there is head-on, and just go and fix it.”Richards Sams
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Richard went from teaching to starting MOHARA
- Richard’s teaching skills and experience that helped him in his entrepreneurial ventures
- How the business developed over the years
- How people, relationships, and partnerships have been essential to Richard’s success
- How a desire for self-development and filling skills gaps drove Richard to grow his business
- What Richard learned from working with his Dad when starting MOHARA
- How Richard took some time back for himself during the hectic schedule of starting his business
- Strategies Richard uses to make sure he has time for himself and maintains a work-life balance
- How procrastination can be productive
- Changes and challenges that Richard experienced during the lockdown
- How Richard stays organised in his business and personal life
- What Richard does to develop his knowledge to stay at the forefront of innovation
- How Richard picks himself up when things go wrong
- How Richard’s passion for his business helps him to live more
Connect with Richard Sams:
- MOHARA Website
- MOHARA on LinkedIn
- MOHARA on Instagram
- MOHARA on Facebook
- Richard Sams on LinkedIn
- Richard Sams on Instagram
- Richard Sams on Twitter
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC