Scott McCarthy is the founder of Moving Forward Leadership, a leadership consulting company and podcast that offers coaching services to business owners, government and nonprofit organisations as well as stay-at-home parents.
He is passionate about helping people move forward and become better leaders. In addition to working as a leadership coach, he is also a Senior Canadian Army Officer, commanding a logistics squadron of 200 soldiers.
Scott joins me today to share the power of delegation as he wears different hats throughout the day. He discusses how he empowers others to level up their leadership skills as he trains them to make better decisions as well as the tools he uses to manage his tasks given his diverse roles.
He also shares the necessary mindset change that makes things move forward faster and how helping and inspiring others is his picture of a perfect day where he gets to live more.
This Week on the POWER to Live More Podcast:
- Scott’s workstations and how he manages to work at eight different locations
- The driving factors that inspires him to do what he does
- How he prioritises his tasks and things to do
- Why he doesn’t need cutting-edge technology to get the job done
- Who helps him get things done
- How he empowers his team
- Why lunchtime is his favourite time of the day
- Why he believes in quality over quantity
- Resources he uses for personal development
- How compartmentalising helps him when things don’t go right
- How he uses his alone time in the evening to get over the day’s challenges
- G Suite
- Google Calendar
- Google Docs
- Fit Man Project Podcast
- Kwik Brain Podcast
- The Power of When Book by Michael Breus
- It’s Your Ship Book by D. Michael Abrashoff
- Smart Couples Finish Rich Book by David Bach
Connect with Scott McCarthy:
- Moving Forward Leadership Website
- Moving Forward Leadership Podcast
- Claim Your Gift! The 9 Foundations of Leadership eBook
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC