Andy Lopata, labeled by the Financial Times as ‘one of Europe’s leading business networking strategists’, is a master of strengthening business relationships.
A renowned international speaker, he is a Fellow of the Professional Speaking Association (PSA) and is also one of just 23 recipients of the PSA’s top honour, the Award of Excellence.
Andy is the author of three books on building professional relationships and leveraging your network, and enjoys mentoring senior leaders and hosting retreats that focus on tapping into the power of your network.
Andy joins me today to discuss how his business has evolved over the last 21 years and why he was prompted to become his own boss.
He dives into the misconceptions of what networking is, why he coaches senior professionals on the importance of building and nurturing relationships, and how to break down silos and tap into the power of support networks.
Andy also shares how he’s dealing professionally and personally with the current pandemic crisis and why it’s vital to frame your reaction to these difficult times with humanity and kindness.
“You deal with setbacks by looking forward.”Andy Lopata
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How his freelance business evolved after he got involved with a networking group in the late 1990s
- Why he sees networking as a tool that can significantly help your business
- What prompted his recent business pivot, how he achieved it, and why his new focus enthuses him
- The opportunities that come amidst the loss and suffering of Covid-19
- How he manages his macro and micro-goals and why using a physical year planner helps him prioritise
- What prompted him to undertake a business accelerator programme
- How he is staying fit and healthy at home
- His approach to absorbing and recording information
- The recent changes he made in how he deals with setbacks
- What his day looks like when he’s ‘living more’
- Landmark forum
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World book by Cal Newport
Connect with Andy Lopata:
- Connecting is Not Enough Website
- Andy Lopata on LinkedIn
- Andy Lopata on Instagram
- Andy Lopata on Facebook
- Andy Lopata on YouTube
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Don’t forget to check out my website join my Facebook Group, follow me on Twitter and connect with me on LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram to interact with me and my amazing audience!
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed