Dr. Allen Lycka was a leading cosmetic doctor for over 40 years, pioneering many modern cosmetic procedures that have become so routine today. His passion for his practice was apparent in the holistic approach he took to his patients and the many accolades he received throughout his career.
In 2003, everything changed when he began experiencing drop foot. After numerous doctors and tests, he was diagnosed with ALS and told to get his affairs in order.
Dr. Lycka, however, was not convinced. With his health declining, he continued to run his practice while trying to find answers for his mysterious ailment. He finally found a doctor who was able to confirm his suspicion – that he had been misdiagnosed. He is currently being treated for long-term Lyme disease and has turned his experience into a way to give back. He has written several books and now spends his time as a transformational speaker and coach.
Today, Dr. Lycka shares his experience of going through the five stages of grief after his ALS misdiagnosis.
We discuss the transformative power of choosing happiness and how living enthusiastically can impact your place in the world.
He shares his experience as a top cosmetic surgeon and why he felt that his role went beyond changing his patients’ aesthetics.
He offers some advice for allowing our grief to become gratitude and why it can be a powerful blessing. He also shares some of the “Golden Pearls” that he writes about in his book, The Secrets to Living a Fantastic Life.
“It’s not what happens to you. It’s what you do with what happens.”Dr. Allen Lycka
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How his illness changed his perspective and inspired him to give back
- The “Golden Pearls” that help us survive personal traumas and setbacks
- Why 2020 can be seen as a blessing if we choose to prioritise our non-negotiables
- Why moving from his role as a top cosmetic surgeon to an inspirational speaker and author felt like a natural transition
- The importance of consciously creating gratitude for the things and people who are important to you
- How being a cosmetic doctor was about more than changing physical appearances
- The power of choosing happiness and paying it forward every day
- How he transformed his grief into joy and thankfulness
Connect with Dr. Allen Lycka:
- Dr. Allen Lycka Website
- Book: The Secrets to Living a Fantastic Life
- Dr. Allen Lycka on LinkedIn
- Dr. Allen Lycka on Instagram
- Dr. Allen Lycka on Facebook
- Dr. Allen Lycka on Twitter
- Dr. Allen Lycka on YouTube
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC