Jo Lamb is a nonprofit writer, researcher and community engagement professional. She currently works as a PR specialist for the humanitarian airline Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF), founded in the aftermath of World War II using retired aircraft to fly humanitarian aid and relief workers to remote areas.
Early in her career, Jo enjoyed travelling and worked for small charities where she learned the ins and outs of fundraising.
Jo’s passion for humanitarian work and skills in the nonprofit sector brought her to MAF where she recently embarked on a mission to raise funds for the organisation. Inspired by her love of sea swimming, she completed a 75 swim challenge to mark the 75th anniversary of the organisation. Her coffee table book about the organisation, Above and Beyond was published in 2020.
Today, Jo joins me to discuss her work with Mission Aviation Fellowship and why she is so passionate about third sector work.
She offers insights into living a life with meaning while managing a career and family.
Jo reflects on the journey that brought her to her current position and why taking on physical challenges has helped her through the pandemic. We also discuss the benefits of “unplugging” and why taking time to be quiet and reflect can lead to greater creativity and productivity.
“Joy, when you have so little, is so authentic and powerful. We can learn an awful lot from people that live with very little.”Jo Lamb
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- The intricacies of running a charity with quality work and output
- How the pandemic has affected the mindset of many and encouraged a move towards charitable work
- Why Jo decided to take on a 75 sea swim challenge in the middle of the pandemic
- How Jo organises her time to balances work needs, family needs and personal care priorities
- The unique origin story of Mission Aviation Fellowship and why Jo is so passionate about their mission
- Jo’s process for collaborating and creating her coffee table book Above & Beyond
- The benefits of having a fallow time where we allow ourselves to have device-free and productivity-free periods
Connect with Jo Lamb:
- Mission Aviation Fellowship Website
- Book: Above and Beyond by Jo Lamb
- 75 Swims Fundraising on JustGiving
- Mission Aviation Fellowship on LinkedIn
- Mission Aviation Fellowship on Instagram
- Mission Aviation Fellowship on Facebook
- Mission Aviation Fellowship on Twitter
- Jo Lamb on Facebook
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC