Katie Neeves has worked as a professional filmmaker and photographer for over 30 years.
In 2018, Katie came out as a transgender woman after living for 48 years as a man. Sharing her journey in vlogs and on her blog resulted in an outpouring of support and responses from others needing help that led to Katie becoming a transgender ambassador.
She created her business, Cool2BTrans, to provide transgender awareness training to businesses, work with media outlets to educate the public about transgender issues, and provide other people with mentoring and support as they come to terms with being transgender. Through her public speaking appearances, she gives a frank account of her journey to live her truth.
Today, Katie shares her journey and how it led her to starting her Cool2BTrans business.
She shares an early childhood memory that created shame and guilt and caused her to hide her gender identity. She reveals the steps she took in accepting her true identity as a transgender woman and what helped her along the way.
Katie shares the worries and concerns she had about sharing her decision to transition and why she chose to do so in a public way.
She highlights how owning her photography business impacted her transition and how she dealt with the rollercoaster journey.
She shares why transgender awareness training is essential and why, although it is easier today to be open about being transgender, there are still enormous difficulties involved.
She also shares how she finds time for her personal life as a transgender ambassador, how she deals with bad days, and what living more looks like for her.
“It really does feel euphoric to be able to live your truth; it feels amazing.”Katie Neeves
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Katie’s journey and what inspired her to start the Cool2BTrans business
- How an early childhood experience made Katie feel guilt and shame for her feelings
- How Katie worked to accept her gender identity
- The next steps Katie took on her journey to living her truth
- How Katie announced she is transgender to friends, clients, and family
- Why Katie decided to share her transition journey in a very public way
- How owning her own business affected Katie’s transition
- How Katie finds balance in her work as a transgender ambassador to give time to her personal life
- Why transgender awareness training in the workplace is vital
- Why it’s easier to be open about being transgender now, but there is still incredible difficulty around the decision
- How Katie deals with bad days
- What days look like when Katie chooses to live more
- You and Your Gender Identity by Dara Hoffman-Fox
- Mermaids UK
- Gendered Intelligence
- Gender Identity Research & Education Society
Connect with Katie Neeves:
- Cool2BTrans Website
- Cool2BTrans on Instagram
- Cool2BTrans on Facebook
- Cool2BTrans on Twitter
- Katie Neeves on LinkedIn
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC