Madison Campbell is a sexual assault advocate and technology innovator on a journey to revolutionise how sexual assault is managed and to support survivors to take ownership of the process.
She is the CEO of Leda Health Company, formerly known as MeToo Kits Company, which she co-founded in 2019 to create a system to solve the issues on how to deal with sexual assault holistically in the U.S.
Madison and Leda Health are seeking to not only revolutionise forensic collection and testing, but to connect survivors with medical professionals and supportive communities who can help them continue the recovery process.
Madison joins me today to share why she and her co-founder were inspired to start their business, what survivor justice means to her, and why it is so vital to support other women through sexual assault.
She discusses the challenges of getting the funding needed to get the company off the ground and how useful using a business accelerator can be to explore your idea with your potential audience, so you know you have a viable business idea.
Madison also shares her thoughts on the challenges of being an entrepreneur and why it is so much easier to keep going on the days when she faces rejection because she knows she is fighting for a personal cause that is near to her heart.
“If you put all of the burden on yourself, you tend to fail even harder. If you can find somebody who is there for you at the very bottom, they’re a good person to have on your team.”Madison Campbell
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Madison’s background in scientific research
- Why Madison chose not to report her assault and why she then felt she needed to dive deep and understand that choice
- The issues for underprivileged women in reporting sex crimes across the globe
- The problems in understanding the steps to take after an assault and how Leda Health aims to educate survivors
- Madison’s reflections on starting a business with so much purpose and the advantages and disadvantages of feeling so passionate about her cause
- The day-to-day tasks in the development of a new business
- Why being a CEO is not glamorous, especially during COVID-19, and why she misses in-person meetings
- How Madison built a talented and committed team and learned to be an effective leader
- How Madison learns and improves her skills
- Why she celebrates her wins with disco music
Connect with Madison Campbell:
- Madison Campbell Website
- Leda Health Company Website
- Leda Health Company on LinkedIn
- Leda Health Company on Instagram
- Leda Health Company on Facebook
- Leda Health Company on Twitter
- Madison Campbell on LinkedIn
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC