Mark Michaux Brown worked for twenty-two years as an instructor and program manager for the leadership development company, Outward Bound.
He was instrumental in designing leadership development programmes used by businesses all over the world and was also a pioneer in the coaching industry, working with individuals and organisations.
Mark is the author of Outward Bound: Lessons To Live A Life of Leadership and continues to work as a coach and organisational guide, helping people and organisations navigate the rapid changes of the modern world.
Mark joins me today to share why it is essential to help people out of their comfort zone and break their usual patterns and how consultants can guide clients through how to face the current disruption in the world.
He discusses the process of negotiating organisational change and how compassionate leaders who make a stand for a supportive work environment by helping their teams work through adversity and uncertainty can build motivated teams.
Mark also dives into the role of a business coach and the importance of their role in modeling integrity and honesty in the face of adversity for clients and organisations
“As a leader, we should be a guide and coach. We need to stay focused on teachable moments, look for opportunities when the team falters, and be prepared to step in”Mark M. Brown
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How Mark transitioned to his role as a corporate consultant after his career at Outward Bound
- The benefits of his wilderness experience to his current role as a coach
- Why it is important to allow people to work through the wrong answers to arrive at a solution that works for them and their organisation
- What team building means to him, and why it’s different from an adventure experience
- How to work as a team to embed change through challenge
- What Mark’s day looks like and how he prefers to work with his clients
- How he focused and developed his career path deliberately to facilitate a work-life balance
- His journey to publishing his book
- The importance of leaders having empathy and compassion in turbulent times
- What Mark does to keep himself grounded
- Tools and apps Mark uses to facilitate his work
Connect with Mark M. Brown:
- Mark Brown Website
- Book: Outward Bound Lessons to Live a Life of Leadership: To Serve, to Strive, and Not to Yield
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC