Mike Horne is an author, podcast host, and people and culture executive coach. He works as the Executive Director of Human Resources at Gilead Sciences, where he guides executives on complex employee issues.
Mike also works with business leaders as a coach and mentor to spur their creativity and help them utilise their potential in every situation. Through his work, he helps people build open communication and trust for authentic relationships as well as make strides in accomplishing their goals.
Today, Mike shares the ideas in his book, Integrity by Design: Working and Living Authentically, and how you can use them to build integrity and live authentically.
He reveals his journey to becoming a people and culture executive coach and shares what authentic leaders bring to a team.
He explores why building trust is an essential element of authentic living and how you can live authentically when society makes it challenging.
Mike also explores whether it’s possible to make changes if you don’t like your authentic self and three observations of Jung that can help build integrity.
“Behaviour that is patterned and predictable yields some comfort. Authentic leaders will engage with others in ways that increase comfort.”Mike Horne
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Mike’s new book and how it helps people with authenticity
- Mike’s journey into working as a people and culture executive coach
- What authentic leaders bring to a team
- Why building trust is essential for working and living authentically
- How to live authentically when society makes it difficult
- The three observations of Jung that can help build integrity
- Making changes if you don’t like your authentic self
- How Mike works with people and what his workday looks like
- How Mike keeps himself healthy and energised for work
- Book: Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em by Bev Kay
- Google Calendar
- Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Book: Solo: How to Work Alone (and Not Lose Your Mind) by Rebecca Seal
Connect with Mike Horne:
- Mike Horne’s Website
- Book: Integrity by Design: Working and Living Authentically
- Podcast: Authentic Change
- Mike Horne on LinkedIn
- Mike Horne on Instagram
- Mike Horne on Twitter
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC