The art of saying no is difficult to master for many of us.
We tend to overcommit ourselves until eventually, we find that we have no time left for the people and activities that really matter to us. Though the reasons for avoiding saying no may vary, there are ways to practise the art so we can take back control over how we spend our time.
In today’s episode, I dive into the benefits of saying no and how it allows you to make time for activities that are more aligned with what you love to do.
I share the most common reasons that people have a hard time saying no to others and how a boost in confidence can help you overcome this. I offer tips and strategies on how to boost your confidence and how to identify a reasonable request. I also explain the difference between saying no at work and saying no to family and friends.
“Saying no doesn’t make you a bad or selfish person. On the contrary, it generally makes you healthier and happier.”
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why it is important to remember that time is finite when considering someone’s request for your help
- How to identify the difference between what you want to do and what you think you should do
- The importance of learning how to say no politely
- The benefits of saying no
- Why saying no is one of the easiest ways to reduce stress
- The importance of making it clear that you have your own priorities and responsibilities
- How saying no can boost your self-confidence, help you get ahead, reduce distractions, and help you set boundaries
- The most common reasons why people resist saying no
- Why you should use honesty and your reasons to back up your refusal
- Top 3 tips for building confidence
- How to define and identify a reasonable request
- How to say no and set boundaries at work
- Why it is best to say no in person
- Six effective ways to say no
- How to soften your no with a counter offer
5 Benefits of Saying No:
- Reduces stress
- Saves time
- Increases focus
- Increases strength and self-confidence
- More energy
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC