Susan Heaton-Wright is an impact, communications, and public speaking trainer for emerging leaders, and the creator of the Superstar Communicator programme.
She delivers seminars, workshops, and individual training for many companies including Astra Zeneca, Shell, Microsoft. Susan is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, The Royal Society of Arts, and the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
Susan is also MD of the award-winning music company Viva Live Music and a former celebrated international opera singer. And she leads a project of musicians in Greece annually to deliver music workshops to refugees in Athens as part of the Love without Borders charity.
Susan joins me today to discuss how she works to empower others to create impact when they speak, and how she mentors corporate clients and individuals in-house and remotely to help them develop their communication skills.
She shares her experience as a speaker and coach and how she moved from a career in teaching to be a singer on the international stage before pivoting to coaching and mentoring others.
Susan also discusses why she carves out time to plan her business week in advance and then reviews her achievements at the end of each month to give her a higher-level business view and ensure she remains focused on her goals.
“Once you’re not just talking to yourself, you’re public speaking.”Susan Heaton -Wright
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How a car accident that left Susan with multiple injuries drove her to look at alternative career options
- Why she studied music and sang internationally despite being shy
- Her realisation that people were asking for advice on public speaking and communication skills and why she felt compelled to share her knowledge
- How she developed her speaking voice and honed her performance skills
- How she uses body language to build a rapport with her audience
- The importance of engaging with your audience when you speak
- The difference between introvert and extrovert energy and how, as an introvert, she manages high-energy situations
- The tools and systems she uses to build the framework of her day and manage her client work
- Why she felt business development training was the right step for her and how it has subsequently helped her with her company
- Susan’s top tips for being more effective in meetings
- Why she loves spending time swimming outdoors
- How she uses technology to learn and improve
- Exemplas Business Training
- Passion Planner
- Carrie Green
- Professional Speaking Association
- The Sunday Times
- Connectivity CRM
- The Lido Guide
Connect with Susan Heaton-Wright:
- Superstar Communicator website
- Superstar Communicator Podcast
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC