Tami Matheny is an author, speaker, and the owner of Refuse2Lose Coaching.
Refuse2Lose Coaching concentrates on creating positive mindsets and cultivating motivation, leadership, and teamwork. As a trainer, Tami believes that confidence is the key to success and overcoming adversity.
Tami began her career in the sports world as a high school and college athlete. After graduation, she became a coach at the University of South Carolina. As a coach, she became aware of the mental aspect of sports and how confidence, or lack thereof, could affect the productivity of athletes.
She became interested in sports psychology and researched to discover more about how confidence can play a vital role in athletics. When she isn’t working, Tami enjoys staying active, running long distances and cycling.
Today Tami joins me to discuss her journey as an athlete, trainer and mental game coach.
Tami outlines why she believes that confidence is the most essential tool for athletes and why rollercoaster confidence can be damaging for long-term success.
She offers insight into the value of adversity and why accepting challenges or disappointing outcomes can lead to greater success.
Tami also shares the importance of finding your ‘why’ and what she does to stay grounded to her ‘why’ every day.
“We develop confidence when we’re willing to get out of our comfort zone.”Tami Matheny
This week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- How COVID has affected the sports community
- The importance of finding your ‘why’
- How Tami organises her time and priorities
- Tami’s formula for success
- How embracing adversity can lead to greater success
- What ‘roller coaster confidence’ is and why it’s so detrimental to athletes
- Why Tami has her clients practice self-reflection and embrace the things that are unique about themselves
- Why finding the positive in challenges can create greater confidence
- The story behind Tami’s catchphrase, “This is good,” and how it applies to everyday life
Connect with Tami Matheny:
- Refuse2Lose Website
- Refuse2Lose on Instagram
- Refuse2Lose on Facebook
- Tami Matheny on Twitter
- Tami Matheny on LinkedIn
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC