Heather Waring is an author, speaker, coach and the founder of One Million Women Walking, the international community that aims to improve women’s lives through the simple, accessible activity of walking.
Heather has been passionate about walking since she discovered it as a tool in her recovery from burnout and adrenal fatigue. She loves to walk iconic paths such as the Inca Trail, the Camino de Santiago and the Great Wall of China as well as the paths around her London home.
Heather uses walking as the vehicle to deliver self-care, coaching, nurturing, and transformation programme to women over 45 who want to get out in the open air.
Heather joins me again today to share what prompted her to change the name of her business and why she used a coach to focus on what she wanted to achieve for her clients.
She discusses the One Million Women Walking Facebook group and how it’s members use it not only to track and share their walks, but as a source of community support – even when they have been unable to travel during quarantine.
Heather also shares why she developed walking programme for all levels and abilities and how The Big Survey she is currently running will help her understand and improve her community’s health and wellbeing going forward.
“Walking can be an important part of your business day – to get inspired and allow the creative juices to flow to get things done before the start of your formal workday.”Heather Waring
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- The resurgence of walking as an activity in the UK
- The element of meditation in walking and why it can improve your feeling of mental and physical wellness
- Why Heather turned her positive experience of walking into a book
- Why Heather feels that One Million Woman Walking is her legacy
- Heather’s tips for creating a business from a passion
- The importance of being flexible and seeing a way around obstacles to your successful business
- How Heather keeps fresh in her learning and developing
- Why Heather sticks to morning rituals
- What Heather does on days when she is ‘living more’
- The strategies Heather uses when she feels things are spiraling out of control
Connect with Christine Morrison:
- One Million Women Walking
- The Big Survey
- How Walking Saved My Life by Heather Waring
- Heather Waring on LinkedIn
- One Million Women Walking Facebook Group
- Heather Waring on Instagram
- Heather Waring on Twitter
Join the POWER to Live More CALM Membership
Attention home-based coaches and consultants!
Are you tired of feeling alone, isolated, and frustrated with running your home-based coaching or consulting business? Are you sick of feeling like your life would be better, and you’d be happier if you felt more organised and productive? Do you feel like there’s simply not enough time in a day to get all the things done that you need to do to build a successful business while making time to live more?
It’s time to stop the isolation and start getting more organised, productive, and focused on the tasks that will move the needle forward.
It’s time to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership!
If you’re ready to:
- Stop recreating the wheel and focus on the things that truly matter in your life and business
- Learn what you need to know to be successful and ‘live more’
- Get accountability help from a group of like-minded home-based business owners
Then you need to join the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme!
To learn more about the POWER to Live More CALM membership programme and apply, visit PowerToLiveMore.com/GetCalm
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favorite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC