Diane Randall takes joy in helping others see the importance and value of embracing health and wellness. Based in Chicago, Illinois, she focuses on providing assistance for busy professionals in adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Aside from being a consultant at Diane Randall Consults, she is also a professional speaker, health coach, workshop presenter, college instructor, and author. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, Plant Pure Nation, Vegan Street, Balance, Choice, Consulting, the Active Times, and the American Holistic Health Association (AHHA).
She is also both a frequent podcast guest and a podcast show host, and has even appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show.
Diane joins me today to discuss the importance of maintaining whole wellness: body, mind, and spirit. She shares how she experienced early success in her career at the cost of her health and how this made her realise the importance of embracing wellness.
She shares her journey as a wellness coach and the lessons she has learned along the way. She also discusses how people tend to design their priorities and lifestyle based on their work demands and why they need to make a mindset shift and make a conscious effort to change their lifestyle.
“You need to take care of the body, the mind, and the spirit. It’s all one.”
This Week on The Power to Live More Podcast:
- Why our minds and spirits need as much nurturing as our bodies.
- How she started her career as a consultant – and the consequences of her early success.
- How she realised that she wanted to follow the path towards whole wellness and become a wellness coach.
- Why the concepts of balance, whole wellness, and proper priority setting have not really taken hold in today’s world.
- How she manages to achieve balance in her life as a consultant.
- Creating the resilience in people to set realistic expectations for work delivery, regardless of the demands of the corporate world.
- Why it’s important to recognise the need for lifestyle changes – and a mindset shift – as early as possible.
- How Diane prioritises and the reason why she started her own business.
- How she taught her children the same lessons that she learned through the course of her career.
- Details about her book, Jumpstart Your Life.
- The life balance exercises that she conducts at her workshops.
- How she shifted to animal activism and a plant-based diet.
- Figuring out one small thing to change in your life – one small thing you can do tomorrow to support yourself.
- Meditation, walking, and other wellness practices that Diane incorporates into her schedule.
- How she stays up to speed with the latest news in her field.
- How she deals with days when everything goes wrong.
- What a day of “living more” looks like to her – and the importance of rest and sleep.
- Jumpstart Your Life by Diane Randall
Connect with Diane Randall:
Connect, Share, Inspire
Thank you for joining me for this week’s episode of the POWER to Live More Podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and would like to help support the show, please head over to iTunes or Stitcher, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review! You can also help me reach even more amazing business owners and leaders by sharing your favourite episodes on your social media channels.
Show notes provided (brilliantly, my words not theirs!) by Lidwell Writing Services, LLC